Intro: "Fishsticks" was conceived from a joke among Parker and fellow co-creator Matt Stone about a fish dressed as motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel, which eventually turned into a joke about Kanye West not understanding a joke about why liking fishsticks made him a gay fish. The way Cartman tries to steal credit for the joke was inspired by real people Parker and Stone have worked with in the television business.
Parker provided the voice of West in the episode and during the song "Gay Fish", a parody of West's song "Heartless". "Fishsticks" received largely positive reviews, and generated a great deal of media attention when West wrote in a blog that the episode hurt his feelings, although he said it was funny and admitted that he needed to work on his ego problem. The episode received even further attention after West famously interrupted pop singer Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech at the September 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, after which Comedy Central replayed the episode four times back-to-back. (Wikipedia)
Ostpinnar eller Halloumisticks
Ingredienser 2 portioner:
- 1 paket halloumi eller fetaost (två sticks var)
- Ca 2 dl panko, ströbröd eller glutenfritt ströbröd på grovt majsmjöl (vanlig polenta funkar också)
- 1 ägg
- 1/2 citron
- Salt, nymald svartpeppar
- Skär halloumin i fyra delar.
- Häll upp ströbröd i en skål och knäck ägget i en annan skål. Vänd först halloumin i ströbrödet, sen i ägget och sen i ströbrödet igen.
- Stek i olivolja i en panna tills var sida är gyllene och krispig.